I picked up my new substrates at https://www.facebook.com/Captive-Cutting-1603719509941240/?fref=ts today and got to work on them as soon as i got home.
First things first - black gesso layer. Waited for it to dry and then started layering texture, starting with crackle medium from kroma in BC which I chose specifically for this project. It is perfect how it crackles for the effect I would like to achieve here. I will go into more detail as I complete the paintings.
I am excited about this new project - I am experimenting with a few acrylic mediums and looking forward to seeing how it all turns out. Each substrate is about 2 ft in diameter and 1" thick. I have come to terms that I will not ever get into any gallery here since I keep experimenting changing the substrates and keep using different mediums haha!
I am keeping the same materials for the whole series though, and the technique is a natural continuation of what I have been doing for the past few years.