Saturday, July 15, 2017

Exhibits

I just realized that I have enough work for 7 full exhibits on different subject matter stored at home! I have been productive in the last 5 years since I became a full time artist. I am having a hard time finding places to show my art locally, and I feel that an artist should have local venues to show in before branching out to other cities. I have representation in Xanadu gallery in Scottsdale, and I did show my work in Lacombe's Gallery on Main for a few years, but it would be really nice to have gallery representation locally. I am pretty sure this will never happen in Edmonton. There are several reasons for this, but the main one is that my art does not fit. Fortunately, I am not going to change, and will keep painting in my own style. I promise!
I am in a mood to paint some landscapes, and take a little break from my new series I am creating featuring more funky animals :). I am looking at many reference pictures I took in Banff on our recent travels there, so there will be some nice, juicy paintings coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails