Sunday, August 6, 2017

Solituding

Solitude is important for an artist. I was feeling the weight of social media, obligations in real life etc., and decided to take a step back and stay away from internet for a while. It is good for the soul and for creativity.
We have been traveling to places we have not been before. I am thrilled to explore, but it is great to be back home. I have been delaying cleaning out my closet and organizing pictures, albums and scrapbooks for years, and I started doing it yesterday night. A friend of mine got me into making scrapbooks when my first child was born and I was able to finally complete a few of these scrapbooks, only 13 years later lol. It was great to go down the memory lane, and somewhat terrifying to reflect on how fast all those years went by.

The weather here in Edmonton is rainy, so I am thinking about catching up with my Let's paint NM challenges. https://letspaintnewmexico.wordpress.com

Here is a painting of Jemez river I already completed for one of the challenges.


Another one 11" diameter


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails